Pro bono Director, Aakar Asha Hospital, (a non-profit Centre for Reconstructive Surgery)
Academics and career:
- MCh in Plastic Surgery, Stanley Medical College 1990
- Fellowship in Microsurgery at RAH, Adelaide, Australia 1991
- Registrar and SR at St Andrews HospBillericay and St Lawrence Hosp, Chepstow, UK 1992 -93
- Lecturer in Plastic Surgery, CMC Vellore 1994
- Consultant Hand and Microsurgeon HKL, Kuala Lumpur, 1995-96
- Senior Consultant Apollo hospital from Dec 1996-Oct 2013
- Highest number of microsurgical jejunum transfers for pharyngeal reconstruction in India.
- Described the trans-axillary endoscopic approach for congenital torticollis, (IJPRAS 2007)
- Pioneered endoscopic Reconstructive Surgery in India
- Pioneered the creative HANDS ON MINDS Basic Surgical Skills workshops and conducted 18 since 2001, training nearly 670 doctors.
Service to society:
- Organized the first Rural Rotaract Eye camp in the world 1981
- Organized multi-speciality camps in 1981-83
- Led the Apollo Medical Relief team to the Supercyclone affected areas of Orissa 1999
- Conducted 85 screening camps for physically disabled persons across Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Odisha and did more than 2500 Reconstructive surgeries free of cost.