SCB MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL
MEETING REGARDING COVID-19 PREPAREDNESS UNDER CHAIRMANSHIP OF SRI SOURAV GARG, IAS PRINCIPAL SECREATARY TO GOVERNMENT, AGRICULTURE AND FARMERS EMPOWERMENT DEPARMENT ODISHA
SCB MCH CUTTACK HOSPITAL PREPAREDNESS FOR COVID-19
The COVID Ward at SCB MCH Cuttack was commissioned on 31.01.2020.During with viral diseases has been a challenge to the medical profession .Time and again different viruses have infected the human beings and not much knowledge has been acquired for their containment is a successful manner. Covid-19 is a highly infectious, main driver being transmission droplet and contact. Several Nosocomial Infections with Covid -19 have been reported. To fight against the highly infectious virus the hospital authorities are taken the following measures:
- Providing prompt clinical care to Covid-19 cases by establishing separate ISOLATION WARDS, OTs at different departments.
- Designated Covid -19 OPD established for screening of Flu like Illness
- Till Date VRDL has done 52,231 COVID testing and expecting to cater to the need of the state in future.
- Temperature Screening introduced in the Out Patient Departments
- Adequately trained and well equipped Manpower
- To provide regular and timely information to the surveillance system
- Detection of Covid cases through testing at VRDL
- Up gradation of entire ground floor of VRDL building to a centre of excellence for training and information centre.
- Proper signages are displayed inside the hospital regarding signs, symptoms and preventive measures for covid 19 to create awareness among patients.
- N95 masks, Triple layer surgical masks, gloves and PPEs are also being provided to all Front line warriors .
- Regular Disinfection of the environmental surfaces of the patient care areas, Waiting areas ,Doctors Chambers ,OTs and ICUS.
|SCB MCH CUTTACK PREPAREDNESS FOR COVID-19|
|INFORMATION RELATED TO COVID-19|
|Total Covid-19 Bed Strength||500|
|Covid Unit-1(Opthalmology Building)||270|
|Covid Unit-2 (New Medicine)||200|
|Covid Unit-3 (Obst.& Gynic.)||30|
|Total numbers of quarantine beds||600|
|Total no of ICU bed||12|
|Total no of Ventilator||12|
|Manpower for Management of COVID-19 at SCB MCH, Cuttack as per vide Health & F.W.Deptt. Letter No-8907 dt 23.03.2020 & DMET (O) Bhubaneswar letter No-9464 dt.28.04.2020|
|Sl No||Name of the Post||Sanctioned strength||Man in Position||Vacancy|
|AT PRESENT THE LIST OF EQUIPMENTS AT VRDL & MOLECULAR LAB SCBMCH, CUTTACK|
|SL. NO.||NAMNE OF INSTRUMENT||Quantity|
|1||BIO SAFETY CABINET|
|2||LAMINAR AIR FLOW / PCR WORK STATION|
|3||20◦ C REFRIGERATOR|
|4||80◦ C REFRIGERATOR|
|5||REAL TIME PCR MACHINE|
|7(3set)||PIPETTES (0.2 - 2 ul )||3|
|(2 - 20 ul)||1|
|(20 - 200 ul)||1|
|(10 - 100 ul)||1|
|(100 - 1000 ul)||1|
|10||CENTRIFUSE (FOR RNA EXTRACTION)|
|12||THERMAL SHAKER / WATER BATH|
|14||REFRIGERATOR (2-8◦ C)|
|15||ICE FLAKING MACHINE|